I am exceedingly lazy. I find the suggestion to mind-map dreams, rather than write them down as a narrative, helps the just-woke-up part.

Also, be sure to get enough sleep. The dreams usually come more vividly in "surplus sleep," usually the last two hours of sleep. There is a myth that a person needs 8 hours of sleep per night. The fact is, a person needs at least 8 hours of sleep a night to function normally (although this can vary from person to person). Most people do best on 9-10 hours a night, but most people don't get that.

Now, taking a few extra hours of sleep each night may seem like a lot of extra work for PhotoReading, but it can help in other areas of your life, too.

In fact, I think I'm going to take my own advice right now. Goodnight!

P.S. I also find I get a lot of comprehension from previewing. I will usually read the whole preface or introduction of the book, to get a decent overview (it's usually less than 10 pages), and the last page, where the author states his agenda for the information he presented. I've noticed with some books it's about all the information I need.

There's also info in the RapidReading thread on how to cut down on subvocalization, which is impossible when SuperReading. If you can increase the rate-of-understanding beyond the rate-of-subvocalizing, then there *should* be an increase in the effectiveness of SuperReading and a decrease in the amount of dipping nessesary for good-enough comprehension.

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited March 02, 2002).]