I would say "semantics", but I usually hate it when people say that, so I'll just say, "Okay. You're right, I mean hypothesis."

Foolproof - one was listed in the link I stated about my friend who had a guy tell him incredibly private information off a watch (without any feedback, either).

The other time was in high school, where we had a guy demonstrate it. My friends tried to screw with him: the mind reader asked a bunch of people to do different things. He asked my one friend Umberto, to think of a famous person and write the name in the envelope. He asked my other friend AJ to write down his favorite sport.

Umberto wrote down: Julia Roberts
AJ wrote down: baseball

The thing that made it fool proof was that the guy said, "I'm not going to interact with these envelopes, they're just for my own use, to see how accurate I was."

So everybody's like, "He's doing something to read what's in the envelope."

The mind reader asks all the students their different questions and gets them all right. But when he gets down to my two friends, they both mentally change their answers, so the only person who knew was them.

He goes to Umberto (who originally picked Julia Roberts) and said, "picture the person in your head." Umberto, of course having changed his answer, is thinking of someone other than Julia Roberts at this time. The mind reader goes, "Hmn...see, I can see the face, but I don't know who that is...he's black...tell you what...think of his name, instead. Okay, it's two parts. Puff Dragon...Puff Daddy? Is that it? Puff Daddy?" The guy said it like he must have been totally, since he had no idea who Puff Daddy was. But sure enough, Umberto had changed his answer to Puff Daddy and was astounded.

AJ didn't know he that Umberto did that, so when the mindreader got to AJ, he changed his as well (he originally picked baseball). The mindreader said, "it's a sport you play by yourself..."

Chuckles from the high schoolers.

At this time, I remembered that AJ loved bowling, and I figured that's what he wrote down, too. Sure enough the mind reader guesses bowling, and he was right.

What was amazing is that they BOTH tried to trick him by mentally picturing something other than what they wrote down, and he still got it right.

That convinced me, as well as the story in the link listed above.

I'm positive that mind-reading is possible, and in fact, I actually think that those who proclaim to be "really good psychics" are really just mind-readers who use the mysticism to help their business, OR they really think that these feelings or readings they get are genuinely spirits contacting them rather than the person's brainwaves.

I'm pretty sure that Johnathan Edwards and after seeing the radio show, even Miss Chloe have a mindreading capability.

Hypnosis works. I have myself on tape making an ass out of myself at my Project Graduation by a hypnotist. That's some really strong stuff.

Telekinesis, I guess, I'm unsure about because I haven't seen it in person (besides the straw thing, but I wouldn't really call that telekinesis per se).

Hypnosis and mindreading I've seen first hand, and am really convinced they work, not because of some strange mumbo jumbo, but I think that there's probably a scientific explanation that we'll stumble on sometime.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("There is no spoon.")