Dan Millman is good reading, but if you read Carlos Casteneda, it sounds suspiciously similar =/

I actually read Dan Millman's book first, but after I read Carlos Casteneda, I have to admit...the similarities are kinda noticeable.

I could be wrong, though...I mean, the Eastern philosophies all have that teacher/student thing going, so it's possible they just overlap.

That said, I love Dan Millman's writing.

His popular book was "Way of the Peaceful Warrior". Changed my life, really, or at least my view on it.

You realize that all the stuff we worry about is pointless, and that we set up our own illusions that cause us emotional stress.

He stays decidedly secular for the most part (strange, for a "New Age" book that develops spirituality), but it works well because it can apply to all religions.

It made me respect Christianity again (I wasn't just athiest, I was anti-God; not satanic, just really antagonistic. I don't wanna go into detail, but let's just leave it at I realized the good outweighed the bad tremendously).

I don't want to generalize since my view is much more complex than this, but for the most part, I think all religions point towards the same direction, and that direction will make us better people.

I went off-topic.

Dan Millman was great, and I highly recommend "Way of the Peaceful Warrior".

Sorry for digressing.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com