Greetings fellow pioneers,

First thing. Binaural beats are no longer the pie in the sky. There’s something new…something better. Something faster. Something deeper. Something just incredible.

Enthusiasts refer to it as the ‘Harmonic Matrix’. I know of two other people who know how to make such a matrix. That is, two other people and a company. I’m sorry I cannot share this knowledge as I said I would not. Luckily though, you can buy it on CD and rip it to a .wav. For those of you interested in mixing paraliminals with entrainment, go to:
www.vantagequest.org

They employ the technology for a creativity CD, but fortunately they’ve separated the actual matrix from any dialogue. Personally, I have no problem making these matrices, but if you are familiar with that CD, you’ll know that it’s dynamic. I can make a static 10 second clip. These guys do something more with sounds going this way and that...the matrix almost seems organic the way the handle it. They are also ‘experts’ with much collected experience.

ANYWAY, so buy that CD, (and buy Natural Brilliance if you haven’t already)

Next you’ll need some hardcore audio software.

Audiograbber is a good CD ripper as well as .mp3 encoder to be found at download.com .

Copy Track 2 digitally.
Do NOT normalize the sound.

Now you’ll need to copy both sides of the Natural Brilliance Generator if you haven’t already. Make sure your cassette deck goes directly into the sound card input and not the microphone. (My laptop just had a microphone, thus I initially lost the stereo effect and didn’t know why.—microphone is mono) Also, don’t sample it too loudly or you’ll get nasty popping sounds (sheesh).

NOW, I believe I posted a crack for Cool Edit Pro here or there. If not, goldwave to be found at download.com is a great alternative.

First, note the time length of both side A and B. Trim the Harmonic Matrix to fit either of the sides. (but don’t save it as a trimmed file).

You’ll have to do two separate MIX PASTES. Getting the volume right is a matter of trial and error. Whatever works best for you. ‘play with it’ heh.

Please note: You’ll be playing with HUGE files here. Hundreds of megabytes. (60 or so megabytes when compressed). Make sure you have enough space. You’ll also be doing a lot of trial and error. Depending on how fast your computer is, each step could take 30 minutes to an hour or more. It took me the better part of a day to get this down.

When your two .waves are properly mixed, it’s time to compress them to .mp3s.

Again, do NOT normalize the volume.
Use 320kb/s.
Use high quality.
Use dual stereo. (mp3 encoders will mix the channels if you let them in order to cut down on space.) –that is, do NOT use ‘joint stereo’.

This is essentially the fattest .mp3 you can have. It maintains the most original data. The harmonic matrix CD is actually gold plated I think to maintain the subtle frequencies. About 3/4's of the frequencies aren’t even audible so you don’t want to lose those in ripping and compression.

And please don’t ask me to send you these files. Nine tenths of the fun is making them!!! Think of it as an adventure. Life has been getting rather busy lately, so please hold the emails unless you are quivering with excitement. I’m sure if you post your queries someone’ll jump in! I also would not want to violate the copyrights of LS or Vantage Quest (generally I don’t mind pirating, but these are ‘consciousness companies’…and you know there are so few of them about.)

Any ideas for improvement upon this are welcome.

Let’s rock,

Brian