A chap emailed me recently.

An excellent question he had. Went like, "And as you are speaking about everything for me is like "childs play" I feel that I can achieve everything I want if I just put myself in the right mindstate! And it would be fun if you could give a detailed description of the state you are in."

And I had the thought... (ooh, irony.)

And I had the thought on how to describe it in NLP / Scheele terms, where Scheele is the world's expert on pre-conscious processing using NLP.

VAKOG
Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic, Olfactory, Gustatory

Our five senses. As NLP is the science of the subjective and attempts to quantify inner experience for functional purposes it further divides the five senses into:

Ve Ae Ke Oe Ge

and

Vi Ai Ki Oi Gi

where "e" = "external"
and "i" = "internal"

To illustrate, we can see a red apple, "Ve" or "Visual External" or we can picture a red apple in our minds, "Vi" or "Visual Internal".

The best way I 'thought' to describe my inner experience to this chap using these terms was to say...

there was no "Vi Ai Ki Oi Gi" at all. Nothing.

Zero internal representations. No words, no pictures, no sounds, nothing. Just... external sensory perception-ing or "pre-conscious processing" as Scheele calls it. Nothing more. Just that.

This absence of internal sensory representations was the cause of my euphoria, omniscience, and power.

Makes it sound so simple, doesn't it?

Question is..."what was the cause of killing the internal representations?"

One can say, indeed, I say, that "Liberation" is a "Liberation" from internal sensory representations.

That is as clear as I can describe "The Mindstate" from the NLP/Scheele perspective.

Thanks Tom, great great question.

[This message has been edited by Brian649 (edited January 26, 2002).]