Brian,

Personally, I'm following the path of relaxed awareness and noticing internal and external stimuli to generate options in order to think, speak and act.

I suppose eastern wisdom is very different to things like self-talk and the idea that a thought precedes an act.

Although I would think, that any act that is performed from decision is performed consciously until it becomes ingrained and becomes unconscious competence. I think this bit is Paul Scheele's understanding.

Tony Robbins agrees that your destiny is formed in the moments of your decision. I would think that the first decisions right at the beginning of conscious incompetence and throughout conscious competence are mostly conscious.

I think we are defined by our new conscious decisions. I think the more conscious decisions we make the more power we have in changing our lives for the better.

Can you make a decision without your conscious mind, you can, but it will be more of the same. I think that if you want something different in your life it has to be a conscious decision.

Maybe I'm wrong, what do you think Brian.

I realise there is value in Eastern Wisdom, great value, though I must still do more reading.

You really are a fluent thinker on this board Brian, I admire greatly your ability and talents. Are you writing a book? Do you keep the notes you make? Your writing is par excellence.

Coffee does help me too, I have 1 to 4 cups per day. Don't burn yourself out though.

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited February 11, 2002).]