Good question tylerhasseloff.

I know this would be true for spontaneous activation. However, I heard the 60k figure directly from Paul Scheele in one of his seminars last year. Maybe LSC could help out here. I guess the point here is that pr as we know it is not the end of the speed journey- I feel it is only the beginning. For right now, I'm content with pr.

However, let's qualify "activation". Not all the material that you activate will require you to super read & dip, rr, and mind map. You may choose just to super read and that will give you the comprehension you desire. Other times, you may mindmap- end of story. Pr speed should be considered in context. For example, you may drive 45mph on a country road at 6am and it is safe. However, drive on that same road at 7am in a school zone and 45mph is not safe- being ready for quick reaction neccesitates a slower speed. Let's take your literature you need to read for college. And let's say he wants you to read "Romeo & Juliet". Depending on what your professor wants you to get out of it (read detail), you may choose to activate using 2 or 3 methods thus "slowing" you down- still fast but slower. On the other hand, if you were to read Romeo & Juliet for the purpose of impressing your girlfriend, then pr and super read....(..or just read Cliff Notes) may suffice for your purpose; thus your "reading" will be at a higher wpm. (Of course, there maybe an exception to this. You may wish to find the topic "Planning for spontaneous activation" written by CommenSense- excellent reading! I have not tried yet- but I will.)

After much trial and error...(sorry, "undesired results"), the first question I no longer ask is, "How fast can I get through this material?" It is now, "How much detail do I need to comprehend?" I will then adjust my speed accordingly.

Hope this helps comrade,

BReeves