Piracetam's main effect will be the augmentation of your memory. Problem solving skills and memory are inextricably connected, I'm afraid; IQ tests do not measure your ability to solve problems you've never seen before and do not indicate anyone's "natural propensity for creative thought". Rather, they measure your ability to emulate the way of viewing problems and synthesizing stimuli that's been deemed most effective in our Western culture (this is directly related to memory; those with near photographic memories often score exceptionally high on IQ despite showing little to no aptitude for original thought or inferential comprehension). Generally speaking, the geniuses are those that redefine the boundaries of our 'structure of thought'; creativity and our ability to commit to memory established intellectual patterns may be related, but they are not the same or even mutually inclusive.

If you're looking for the 'quick route' to becoming a mental giant, you're going to be disappointed by any of these 'miracle drugs'.

As another note, I've known a few people who have taken Piracetam, and while they swore by it, I noticed no change; the lucidity of their writing remained constant and their social prowess was unchanged. Mood stabilization was observed, but that is all.

Consider: if these were actually as effective as has been reported, would they not be looked upon more favorably? Without a doubt. The fact of the matter is that the majority of upper level graduates (and faculty members) at major universities (Harvard, MIT, Brown, etc.) haven't even heard of Piracetam let alone used it consistently. You're going to have a hard time convincing me that any lobby would take up the cause of "preventing the release of smart drugs", but you'd have no trouble swaying my opinion to the side of "they flat out don't work. The research was done by over zealous scientists and is, unfortunately, drastically flawed".

That being said, I'm going to give them a chance. Lecithin, Choline, and Piracetam are all being ordered today. The real test for me is DO I notice a difference? We shall see.

-sidis