I've been reading the posts on this forum for quite awhile, and I don't post often. I've not mastered photoreading because I don't put the time & effort into it.

I see a lot of posts about x, y and z and why they don't work, or how to make them work, etc etc. The archives are full of these posts. I decided to re-read the PhotoReading book yesterday and I came across this section and as always, it hits home.

"What You Have to Give Up" (page 17)

"To master photoreading you must give up:

- low self-esteeem as a learner
- self-defeating habits like procrastination and self-doubt
- perfectionism, "all or none" thinking that dwells on failure rather than feedback and learning
- distrust in the other-than-conscious mind and intuitive abilities
- the need to know everything right away
- performance anxiety
- a stressful sense of urgency

More than anything you must give up negative attitudes that get in the way of your success."

If I were to check off each of those items which I do on a regular basis, I would end up checking them all off. I've not been willing to give them up, so I don't PhotoRead. I think it's a wonderful thing and I've read the PR book dozens of times and I've listened to tapes, etc etc. I just don't put the daily effort into it that it requires.

The reason to post this is that if you are struggling, do a self-check .. are any of those items getting in your way? If they are, you might try leaving them at the door when you PR.

Tracey~