Well, it is b/c of PhRing that i came to understand my total lack of self esteem and fear of trusting my intuition. I've been working on it for some years now. Layering and circling

This is what i do: Say i'm using a wall that i'm going to jump over as a trigger to stimulate a new image to interpret an image from my image stream......what i do is just pick an outside stimulus for when i jump. Like as soon as the grandfather clock strikes, i'm jumping over. Maybe it's like 5 minutes till it strikes. So for 5 minutes, i'm studying the wall and imagining how it feels and stuff. Then as soon as the clock strikes--i jump AND what this means is the first image that pops up is, for me, new and a worthwhile amplification. Then it's back to beta to see how it helps my understanding. It works.

I've used as soon as i feel a breeze on my face, i jump when sitting outside. Anything like--as soon as i heard a noise in the house, i jump. You can use an alarm clock but put it under a blanket so the alarm is not too loud.

And, Edison did this: He held a rock and would sit down and sink into a light sleep. When he dropped the rock, he grabbed the first image that came to mind.

quote:
The great inventor Thomas Edison used this principle when he needed help with an invention. When Edison felt stymied in the midst of a difficult experiment, he would lie down on a couch with a rock in his hand. As he dozed off into a light sleep, he sank into his subconscious mind, which he recognized to be an avenue of infinite intelligence, from which all of his best ideas came. Then, as his body relaxed, Edison would let loose of his hold on the rock, which would drop to the floor with a loud "thud!" that would startle him out of his nap. At that moment Edison still had fresh in mind the idea he had contacted in his sleep state, and he would quickly write it down. That was Edison's secret. He went on to generate over 5,000 important patents, including the electric light, the phonograph, the alkaline battery, and motion pictures.

hope this is clear...

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited April 26, 2002).]