Ramon,

I'm very familiar with Matt Furey as well as a bunch of other non-mainstream stuff. I feel the same way about pepperspray. I saw someone hold off a room full of people with it once.

I'm not into MA that much anymore either. It's an ungodly huge business and everyone fights about who's the best and even if you win the UFC, you gotta fight again and again and again. There are still people challenging Helio Gracie, I mean when is enough enough? What is the point where you've proved you're good/better/best? There is no point. Wait a minute, there is but they keep moving it out of your reach so you constantly have to fight or train or buy tapes.

Even those that sell good tapes milk you to death and only give you a little bit in exchange for $70 or more and then they come out with more and more and more and more. It's endless, it's stupid and it's almost more cost effective to just hand over your wallet and car everytime the muggers want it because it will either (in the end) cost the same or less money than what you'll pay in terms of time and money doing MA.

Here's where people jump in with, "What about defending your family?" Here's where the rule of 90% comes in. If an ex navy seal with a black belt in BJJ wants to kill me and everyone I know, what am I going to do? I'll use the Blanka shock attack or throw a "Aboomsh*t" fireball at him?