most times you get in a fight, people will not want to kill you, they would just go to jail. some people try to mug you and take your money with an empty gun. most people who you fight with wont want to kill you with a gun. if you get caught in a drive-by shooting, Matrix Style your way out of it. otherwise, jujitsu works. the point of small circle jujitsu is to take the guy down as quickly and effectively as possible. there are so many variables that we teach, you cant possibly be mugged. in a fight, we also have defense. yea people would just slug it out, but if its some big guy versus someone who knows jujitsu, the first punch comes in and .001 seconds later, the big guy is on the ground. ok, maybe 1 second to be fair. we teach real life situations and develop speed also. i know what you're saying about pepper spray... why not pepper spray him and then take him down with jujitsu! act like it was all skill and not just chemical warfare. yes, MA is for fun, and for tournaments, but it can help in real life.
my sensei was black belt in small circle jujitsu in college. some guy tried to steal his 5 inch thick book by putting a knife to the side of his neck and demanding it from him. the sensei quickly trapped the wrist in a wrist lock, hit him in the side of the head with his book as hard as he could, and took him down with the wrist lock, then walked away with the knife in hand. i beleive this is the purpose of jujitsu. also, a brown belt in my class, along with the sensei, are training the maryland state police, orlando police department(as soon as they get the $$), and are making a deal with apopka police(orlando metropolitan area). this is an enormous source of income for the two guys. these police will have zero police brutality, because jujitsu is so controlled, they will be able to easily cuff someone without resistance, and who knows how else they will use it fighting crime. this is about 3 months into their companies start, and they have plans for maybe 10 more places they will train. including airport staff, cruise boat staff, other police departments, and they will continue the dojo that i attend. jujitsu is the best...

[This message has been edited by Neo-Matrix (edited September 14, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Neo-Matrix (edited September 15, 2002).]