Hi,

I am trying to use mind mapping effectively, but I am not that impressed with it initally (i've been trying to use it for about 2 months now)... I think that it's because they taught us it in elementary and middle school, but it didn't help me that much then (they actually taught us a lot that is being used by L.S. like Wenger's stream of conciousness and mind-mapping (or clustering as they called it) and Gardner's multiple intelligence theory (all of our math classes in high school was done in groups of 4 and we had group tests to encorporate the interpersonal intellegencies in math) and all of the teachers all taught in colors......

but I guess that I wasn't sucessful using any of these strategies in normal school, so I'm having difficulty using any of them now (I think it's cause I don't believe that that creative).

So I guess I'm asking if it is possible for mind-mapping to really still help me even though I've shut it down from as early as elementary school. I've been trying to mind-map for about 2 months now, and it acutally seems more tedious and time-consuming than regular note taking. I've got both The Mind Map Book and Mapping the Inner Space Book. So I'm wondering should I still keep trying to get it right OR since i've not gotten it to work well for 2 months now that I should assume that mind-mapping just doesn't work for me.

If you think that I can still find mind-mapping useful, are there any tips that will help me to see the effectiveness of mind-mapping that people have which are not in those two previously mentioned books?

Thanks for your input,

Alex McClain