I'd like to add on a few more experiences I had today.

As I did the 3-2-1 technique today, I had a little trouble getting emotionally open. In the past, I would have tried to ignore it and "get on with things". Today, I decided to take a different tack. I acknowledged it sweetly, and mentally "saw" the tension/block. It looked like a little silver ball that was intent to blocking my "emotional funnel". (Sorry. Dealing with personal imagery here. ) So I took it and danced about a little with it and found it quite friendly. I then held its hand and we both sat at the side to watch the show that was the book to be PRed. Personally, I think this is an application of the NOPS formula as well, although perhaps not quite in the usual sense . Later, I even managed to get it to be useful by using it instead of the tangerine.

During the PR process today, I again entered the flow state. Again, it seemed a little difficult at first. Maintaining the photofocus was slightly easier, but al sorts of thoughts were rushing through my mind. The chant wasn't helping much, and the breathing just a little.

Then it clicked! I just entered the flow state. I just KNEW I as absorbing all the information and even became very excited. I just kept flipping pages back and forth. This time, I think I managed to note down one of the key things that triggered of this state.

At first, even though I was relaxed enough, I still had slight nagging doubts about my ability to PR. I suppose I could have acknowledged these, but I didn't manage to do much about it. At some point during the PR process, though, I thought,"Hey, what if I just accept that I AM photoreading the material. It's just a different way of placing information in my mind. If I were reading, I'd be very interested and excited by now. Let's try that attitude."

The very second I decided to accept the PR process that way, things came into focus. I was in state! I started noticing and encouraging the interested and excited feelings as I PRed. To cut a long story short, it was another satisfactory session.

Okay. I'll stop blathering here.

KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited October 26, 2002).]