Continuing from my last post, I have tried to dabble with things such as Yoga, Meditation, Writing down all I want to do and trying to go through it morning and night but still there is no change in the results.

Most of my learning has been by looking at examples and previous solutions - hence most of the times I am unable to really get the concepts down and always end up looking for more examples even when I come across similar problems I invariably seek the examples yet again. Any suggestions

Flutie

quote:
Originally posted by Flutie:
A previous posting in this "thread" was intended for another subject. I am a software developer by trade but over the last two years I really have felt "stalled" as far as acquiring knowledge is concerned; sure I got the promotions but in my heart of heart I know I have not mentally progressed all that much as I could and I should have.

One of the main challenges I have encountered when I attempt to PR work related books is I get into a state of panic about missing out on something very important. Hence I put the brakes and read normally but I keep on thinking about how wonderful it would have been if I could photoread my stuff - so even when I am done I have perhaps less than 50% comprehension and I do not have the reserves or the desire to go through more more recursion. The same happend with the PR book that I went through almost a year ago :-(

Any advice for a moral coward such as myself?

Regards,

Flutie