It is a challenge, yet it will give great benefits too. I photoread a NIV study Bible in one sitting just a few weeks ago. I had some difficulty with page turning as it is a very thin velum type paper. I stopped and put one of those rubber finger tips thingies on my index finger and it alot better. You have to buy a box at a time from Office depot or somewhere. After the actual photoread step I realized my vision had obscured and become blurry. It took maybe twenty minutes to normalize. Once I had completed the first three steps with a postview, (I only read the bold sub-headings and probably took longer than most books)I took a nap and had some entertaining dreams. Once awake I was drawn to read Jeremiah. Since then I have not formerly initiated any activation process. I think next I will photoread a CEV version maybe. The only other real effect is that certain scripture that I had memorized years ago and had forgotten seems to be available to me at my will now. Anyways, have fun and enjoy.