quote:
Originally posted by Kristoff Olafsson:
Allow me to ask: why such interest in the bible? I know some may consider themselves christian, but I urge you to seriously test your beliefs. I, too, was once a "christian", baptised and confirmed. No longer in my seele (german, approx. psyche/soul), though. Christian cosmology and orthodox- generally institutionalised- belief now seems silly, irrelevant, and, in fact, hampering to the development of spiritual capacity. If you want clarification, just write. Why do you feel the personal need for this religion, if you do consider yourself Christian?

I believe that people should be able to choose whichever religion they wish without being questioned by others in such a discourteous manner. I personally choose to be Christian and whilst I may not agree with some other people’s beliefs / viewpoints, I at least have the courtesy to respect those beliefs and not ridicule them by referring to them as 'silly' or 'irrelevant'. I for one do not find that my religion hinders my spiritual development in anyway; it in fact expedites it. Obviously since religion so complex, it is easy to abuse it and for people to mislead others. However, I believe that religion in itself without the added human interference, adaptations in order to satisfy ones self interests, is one of the purest commodities available to us. In the end, it is up to the individual to choose for their self.