And RESPECT, you may not agree with people but allow them their freedom to disagree on certain things and listen to their reasons why. Do not belittle people or religion based on YOUR viewpoint of the matter.

[This message has been edited by jonah (edited May 26, 2003).][/B][/QUOTE]

I'm listening. What is your viewpoint on the matter, given my criticisms? I don't know what you mean by belittling. I have levelled a serious challenge towards organized religion, is that necessarily equivelant to belittlement? If we replace that sentence with "challenge", I'll add the question: on who's viewpoint, if not my own, can I offer a challenge? Really, anything else would be dishonest.
And to continue. I never challenged your "freedom" to PR the Bible, or anything else. I offered some critiques which I believe to be of eminent importance when THINKING ABOUT RELIGION, which, I would hope to accompany PRing the primary source document for your specific belief. If this doesn't accompany PRing the Bible than I believe you are at risk for dogmatically accepting unnecesary and/or harmful ideas...this is true of just about every document dealing with morality, metaphysics, or significant life-forming prescriptions, not just the Bible. If that is belittlement in any way, than so be it.