quote:
Originally posted by Agent_Orange:
my experience had to do with a car problem. i was hurrying to get to school one morning and an important part of my motor vehicle was malfunctioning. i prayed, and it was immediately fixed. i've had no problems with it since

[more info, my spedometer was the part. it was going crazy, from 60 to 10 and again so i had no idea how fast i was goin. i had noone to compare my speed to because of the decrease in speed in the area i was entering and their distance from me. i didnt know what to do, i didnt want to be late to school but didnt want to get a ticket either. i prayed, i asked God to help me in my problem. He did. the moment that i finished that THOUGHT my spedometer went straight to 58mph and flinched no more]

[This message has been edited by Agent_Orange (edited May 26, 2003).]

Interesting. That could indicate some supernatural involvment- not necessarily any familiar concept of God, or funky, Quantum Mind over Matter, or just plain probability/coincidence. I favor the latter for what it may be worth to you.

Alright y'all its been funny watching you guys get all huffy. I wont pursue this further because the scope of this forum obviously stubbornly refuses to bend in this case, despite doing so in others. I expected as much. Still, some people wrote responses which proved revealing. I cannot add to what I said already, so I simply choose to highlight the situation.
Somebody calling themselves Kristen indicated that having some drive meant lack of freedom to which I respond: all action originates in energy. If one can understand and direct ones energies than freedom can still infiltrate into everyday experience. The classic choice that the Buddha made to become Boddhisvata was to relinquish nirvana that he might participate in the liberation of other Beings.
Keep it cool
KO