sjaykum1,

I've slept for so long. Your posts awoke me. Sometime such truth stirs the sleeping.

I was once in your shoes. Hopeful and drooling over the possibilities.

To make a long story short I used to Photoread all the time while thinking I was really reading. Unfortunately I was not really reading but only gathering 10-20 facts about a book while thinking I was reading. When push comes to shove in the real world the kill always goes to those with the most experience under fire- not those that "sorta hava hunch about the material", OKAY? Yes, I lost a few jobs to some slow readers. I was the dabbler (Tony Robbins) of 100 fields instead of the master of just one that would make money. Oh well.

Tracking back a bit, your questions indicate that you're WAY too intelligent to photoread. You can actually BE the author of your own product. If Learning Strategies can take Vera Birkenbeil and call her a memory expert overnight (in the light of no one having any memory of her name or what she does on top of the fact that it's all self proclaimed "made up" stuff anyway) then you can call yourself a consultant too and make some money.

You know, when Merlin was awoke for the second time he was less polite than the first time around. I honestly thought that all the drones were out buying the crap and talking about fertilizer methods and then sjaykum1 chimes in and wakes me up with a level of common sense I have not heard in, oh, 2 years on this forum? Yeah, I think it's about time.

By the way, photoreading's posterchild, Andy030 has rechanted his opinion of photoreading on epinions.com - you should check it out. In case you don't remember, he was the guy that actually helped me get Photoreading to work - only to figure out that speedreading is still faster and easier and just like PR- sucks alot at very high speeds. It's all a play on words. The reality for the customer doesn't change at all when the labels slapped on the products changes. Sorry.

sjaykum1, quit. Quit before you waste another microbreath. Don't become like me. Don't try everything only to spend 1 hour on a book only to know 16 isolated facts about the general idea of the main points of the core concepts of the theme of the basic idea of the book while calling that READING.

Reading is supposed to be a natural drawing, an inbreath (if you will) - something that is taken away and to another world by your natural and curious curiosity... not something reduced to TIME and SPACE and IDEAS and CONCEPTS and all that moronic stuff that speedreading gives you that photoreading can maybe give you 10% of even THAT! I mean really! Photoreading sucks worse than speedreading! It's just another word for the same worn out garbage that didn't sell for much in the first place so why in god's name did he allow PHOTOREADING to be spawned? Oh, god. I'm an athiest and I'm screaming to a GOD. GOD GOD GOD! GOd save yourself from this!

sjaykum1, I bow to you. Your level of inquisitiveness and pure question has AND in the tone of voice has kicked the **** out of what I used to believe was unique conversation and poise. I know, I know, first of all you must know that I'm not well liked here and if you ever want to make friends, bash me at once.

I just want you to know that your original post is... a classic that I will use as a model for years to come. I'm NOT kidding.

pure classic, right off the bone