quote:
Originally posted by ploppsdman:

Alex: So what do you do now, Alex? You seem to be in a position to tell me the most. Where do you go from where you are? Do you have plans to get a job? Move to another country, where if they wont hire you solely based on your hearing loss you can sue them (united states. cant you sue the corporation who fired you b/c you are deaf). Move to Minnesota and work for the Learning Strategies Corporation? What about women?

First I changed my mind. The number one thing I figured out is I may not be able to change my situation but I can choose to handle my attitude. Power in that alone.

Take risks... I've tried a few things and fell flat on my face in the process - there will probably be more challenges I may as well face them hiding under the bed covers doesn't make it any easier - it just another choice.

I don't drink or smoke - never appealed to me - that's a choice.

Clear cut goal career wise - ideas in the works have to risk failing there. It's a choice.

Sueing for job loss - failed. Time to move on - my choice.

The problem is the tools that get you out of your rut start in your head... read some motivational books, try something different, keep writing. Ask yourself different questions while you write.

quote:
Originally posted by ploppsdman:
Your posts are typically brillant, Alex. If people think your dumb b/c your deaf, F_ them.

Thank you, I like your implied attitude I hope you live by that yourself ... however- actually - I wouldn't want to give them that pleasure.

Alex