Hey Mtt,
Yeah, I'm the guy. There are quite a few similarities between Photoreading and the Flow State Performance Spiral tapes. For example, Scott Sonnon talks about pre-conscious processing as one method of vastly improving your speed in combat. Similar to photoreading, instead of narrowly focusing upon your upon, you use soft-eyes, which opens you up to an incredible amount of information. However, at the pre-conscious level you process it much faster, so you get the illusion of being faster than your opponent. Scott calls it the Time Warp.
Another important aspect of the Flow State is staying calm and being being indistractible (sp?). This is similar to being in the Ideal State, because your focus is broad and external.
Scott also talks about integrating your breathing, structure and alignment to stay in the Flow State. He also talks about manipulating people so that they fall into the Vortex, or Downward Performance Spiral.
I'd be happy to answer any further questions, and I would recommend these tapes to anyone here on this forum. They apply to athletes and people of all sorts, not just martial artists.
They are done by 2x world Sambo champion Scott Sonnon, and they are available at http://www.amerross.com/fisticuffs.html

There is an audio cassete which is cheaper than the tapes. I think the tapes are easier to understand, but the audio tape is excellent and not too expensive.
Don't hesitate to ask more questions.
Tyler