Hi allenhm

I think that I could have been more specific with what I meant when writing my last post. I wasn't referring to the Centerpointe programme as such. I was referring to the theory of Ilya Priogine (Is that the correct spelling?) tht Bill Harris refers to in the booklet. I am not advocating abuse of the powerful "Paraliminal" or "Holosync" technology, but just throwing in the idea that sometimes before evolution can take place there may be a certain amount of discomfort experienced, including things that are out of the ordinary. What if, on the other side of the mayhem that sidis and quasi are experiencing lies enhanced mantal functioning in terms of memory? I think I will try "Memory Supercharger" overload myself and see what happens.

I remember something I tried when I was studying Russian at university. One day I went to th language lab and listened to the Russian news for three hours non-stop. After a while I found that I was getting intensely irritated at having to sit there and listen and watch, but as I went through the pain barrier, I found that resistence was broken down. That night I spoke to a Russian in her native language and her first comment was, "Wow! Your Russian has really improved". My experiment worked. I was trying to create the same conditions that you experience when you live in a foreign country, and as far as I can see, it worked. When you have to live in another country you are immersed in the experience and in the language. You hear it constantly. You live it, feel it, breathe it and dream it.

So these guys are getting vivid dream recall and hallucinations. I admit, the last bit is not good at all, but think of it this way: They are getting more vivid mental imagery, and, according to mnemonists, the mind works in pictures so might it not be that they are getting closer to the goal of "photographic memory" by doing what they did? I think it could be, but I'm not saying it is. It's just an idea. But the idea of using mental pictures and other imagery to great effect is studied in a book by Luria I referred to in another post.

Another thing I found interesting about some of the side effects mentioned by sidis and quasi was that it seems like the same type of complaints some people have had when practicing "Image Streaming". Check out Amazon.com and look at the reviews of "The Einstein Factor".