In one breath you're speaking of the human brain as though it's some majestic entity that possesses infinite capabilities, then in the next you're comparing it to something as limited as a muscle. It's neither, of course; it's analogous to nothing since we haven't yet begun to grasp how consciousness manifests itself, thus making any attempts to draw comparisons infinitely meaningless. At the risk of sounding indignant to the scientific community, I hold it to be a truth that understanding consciousness is an impossibility given the currently accepted modes of procedure, analysis, and thought. Anyways, who cares, really? Moving on..

If these results can be achieved by anyone, how come they're not? I say they're not because I have yet to see proof from any regular posters on this forum that the system works. Judging by the quality of writing on this board, some who claim to have had great success with the system must have been retarded prior to purchasing it if their current state is an exceptional improvement (Margaret, I'm talking to you - this time I didn't pick the name out of a hat but chose it specifically because I find her to be a tool (literally)). Darth, Allen, Paul, and Quasi (always constructive, eh? heheh)- you're all fine, but I'd like to hear some testimonials involving specifics.

I'll now address those matters which I find most connected with my original post.

1) "Abuse of the tapes"

If it's working for me, I will continue to do it. This is more of a stress test that I'm conducting for my own motives; I want to see if this stuff really works and the best way to see if there is any profound effect is to abuse the system and see if there are any drastic implications associated with abuse to discern if the tapes even have the possibility of altering my consciousness;

2) "Dream recall"

Not only am I experiencing superb dream recall, but I also find myself lucid during the dreams and able to decide what I'll dream about (at least 1 out of the 6 dreams, that is) prior to falling asleep. Could someone account for this? Paul? ;

3) From other posts, the famed "Guy who listened to the tapes for 3 months straight and had a photographic memory at the end"

Would someone care to comment on this rumor? This is what really started my interest in this 'experiment'.

4) "Conscious recall"

Again, I have yet to see anyone tell me they've noticed a significant increase in their ability to recall useful information. I've had spontaneous recollection of things like pages from books, or repressed childhood memories, but I haven't been able to consciously direct my memory so that I'm recalling practical information; there's been no improvement as far knowing things I want to know when I want to know them goes. Of course I've never had much of a problem in that area, but that isn't the point.

I'd really like to see a discussion on the topic of WHAT HAS BEEN EXPERIENCED WITH RESPECT TO THE TAPE rather than an argument over how much is too much (though Paul has said previously that the memory supercharger tape is one that can be listened to as often as you like.. "more is better" was actually used in one of his posts long ago). When discussing improvements generated by, what you think, is the tape, please include the SPECIFICS of your use and a little about yourself both before and after you began consistently using it.

-Sidis

Note: 1000% agreement is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!