Thanks, Nick. I just ordered the Perfect Pitch course as recommended by Astrowill. I wish there were a similar program that could help with the sight reading side of it.

I'm only in my second semester of piano, so I'm pretty much a beginner. At this point it's all a pain staking process of looking at the page, trying to figure out what notes are written, then finding them on the piano. I look at the grand staff and say, ok that's a quarter note on the space just above the top line. So let's see. Every-Good-Boy-Does-Fine. What comes after F? That's it, I need a G. So then I find the G on the keyboard. Now I have to go through the same process for each note of each chord in the left hand. As I'm sure you can surmise, by the time I go through all this, there really is NO rhythm until I've gone through it several times. Going through the piece ahead of time as you suggest does help somewhat.

At this point I'm putting in HOURS of practice for what may seem to be a relatively simple piece. From what you're saying it should hopefully improve with time.

Thanks again,
Bob