If this is only your second semester, then I'd say you're doing just fine. Everybody has to go through the steps of figuring out notes and then deciding where they're at on the keyboard at first. Just stick with it, and you'll be amazed at what you can do someday!

If you're really interested in piano, learn as much theory as possible; listen to, and try to develop and appreciation for all kinds of music; read about music history, and especially that of the great pianists and composers; and, of course, practice as much as possible!

I don't think any musician would tell you that getting good is easy; there are times when you have to practice a single line of a piece for hours to get it right, for instance. But trust me when I say that the difficulty you go through is worth it in the end, if you love music. When you get to the point where you can't imagine music not being a part of your life, and when you find yourself able to appreciate a performance so much that it makes you want to cry, then you won't mind the time that you put into it.

Good luck with everything!

-Nick