Chang--usually I use ImageStreaming to activate fiction books. Try PR'ing then IS'ing on an Agatha Christie book. It's uncanny--I knew who did it from their description!

As for freenoting usually I write/type/speak (usually type) as fast as I can on the general topic of the book, and let your mind take it where ever it goes. You could use trigger words.

Paul--Thanks so much for your precious time!
Let me reply to your genius and get humiliated [gathers his notes]

Firstly when I said that the information "rots" if you don't Freenote it immediately after, I was exaggerating. Here's the exact quote (taken from an old list serv archive on geniusbydesign.com)

"...the raw material gets stowed in the unconscious first then gradually sorted out if there's no demand. Instantly sorted out and the relationships therein made conscious if [by] strong demand, [like] a rapid outflow process like freenoting..."

Dr. Wenger--at least in 1997--strongly believes that you should activate shortly after if not immediately with one of his ACTIVATION for understanding methods.

I agree with you that we should look in the text to NOTICE, not necessarily read.

Also, when I said that Dr. Wenger thinks that all the prereads should be stripped away, regardless of what he meant, I don't preview or postview.

Lastly, I fully understand that everyone should make PR'ing their own--which I have done--but I like debating, and I would like to present these alternate methods to the rest of the PR'ing community.