AdamP

I think your experiment seemed fine to me. Paul Scheele's suggestion to me seems flawed.

If you did your experiment the way Paul suggests I could critique it by asking whether they have really uploaded the info into their brain. For all we know it could just be getting into the super-relaxed accelerated learning state for a bit that makes the difference. Also, by switching texts you can show that the PR step doesn't just stimulate the brain in someway, that it really does all boil down to content.
So in a way you can detect paul's belief in the method because he assumes that the only way the PR step affects the reader is by the intake of information. Sort of expected really.

The PR step takes no great leap of faith. The research on implicit memory and priming is as old as the hills, I did my psychology dissertation on consciousness and had to cover that. The principles are the same, it's only the quantity of info that differs.

I'm quite interested in the how of PR works, s'pose it's cos i'm a psych student. Don't s'pose i could take a peak at your background research at some point?

Cheerio!

Nick

[This message has been edited by nickuk (edited April 28, 2003).]