My results have been posted throughout the forum. I've activated the contents of books using only the photoreading step. Preview = a note of the title and possible content. In bookshops have walked away explaining what the book was about after only photoreading it. I helped write an assignment without activating the book. Letting the information from the book come to my conscious mind in answer to the questions posed.

The photoreading step helped me slice through a foreign language text. Rather than having to read and understand each word I was able to read for ideas and concepts.

When hooked up an IVBA during the photoreading stage there is a distinctive brainwave pattern. Paul Scheele had hooked up members of his photoreading class to let them see their brainwave pattern on a computer screen. The seminar attendees were able to witness this on the screen. The pattern was consistant.

The faith that one can benefit from photoreading is the same faith one uses for breaking boards with their bare hands, walking on hot coal, in ones ability to swim or ride a bike. It's the same faith one must apply to learning to drive, fly a plane or hang gliding. It's that faith that enables one to do well in one subject in school and fail miserably in others. Until we've gained confidence or the habit of doing something different we need to apply a personal faith in our ability. That is usually learning the steps and applying them till they become automatic.

The placebo effect is handy when the mind can convince the body to heal using the body.

How much more damning is the placebo effect if the mind can convince the mind that it can function better by just spending 3 to 7 minutes preparing and getting into a 'can do' state?

By spending 3 to 7 minutes photoreading a book I have walked away knowing more of the content of a book in a total of 20 minutes (that includes the photoreading time), than I have managed to gain in an hour without the photoreading step.

Perhaps the question should be is photoreading the placebo or are preview/postview, manual activation the real placebos?

Alex