I received an email asking me a couple of questions in relation to this thread. I thought the answers would be more appropriate here for the benefit of all.

First and most importantly...

You cannot "read' at 1 million words a minute.

The conscious mind can only handle 7 plus or minus 2 bits of information per second. Meaning 'reading' speeds are between 300 and 540 words per minute... anything faster than that is not reading because it is beyond the speed at which the conscious mind is able to process information.

2. Activation is bringing to your conscious awareness information that you have photoread. Using curiosity. purpose, questions and any other words that describe a having a reason to want to know and understand consciously.

In answer to the question

quote:
do you think with me that you can activate 1 million words (what about if it is 10 mins and 10 millions words) you as an expert in photoreading and visualy thinking and has lots of experince in PRING tell me the what to do if I want to activate 10 millions words a day

The answer is... the conscious mind cannot handle it in a 24 hour day the conscious mind can only handle 604,800 bits of information. In the average waking day (18 hours) that is 453,600. If you do nothing but activate or read at the average maximum one would achieve 1 million words within 3 days.

While we are already photoreading at just under 1 million words per minute bringing this information to the conscious mind needs more than 2 day consciously understand word for word what you have read.

Does this make photoreading pointless?

No. The gem of PhotoReading is we do not need to know the mechanics of everything consciously. Just like we don't need to know the laws of combustions to drive a car. Nor do we consciously need to calibrate how much pressure we need to apply to the gas or brakes to get a car (or bike or roller blades or a skateboard) into motion. We let out other than conscious mind take care of that. With photoreading we teach out other than conscious mind to take care of that too. So rather than reading being a solely conscious task we hand it to our other than conscious mind to handle if for us.

This brings me to dream activation and questions asked of me about my dream activation experience in the email

quote:
I want to know from you about your activation dream. how many hours do you sleep and what is exactly your activation while sleeping? Do you see the book? Did you meet the writer? Did you see objects about what did you pred

I sleep in 3 to 4 hour blocks since it is middle of winter right now for me I usually follow that with another 3 to 4 hour block. I have been recalling my dreams for many years. As often stated if you want to have dream recall or experience lucid dreaming record your dreams daily.

My activation during dreaming is usually question and answer type sessions. I have a sense of curiosity about the book before I fall asleep and during my sleep state I find myself getting answers. Evaluating the subject against experience or other books on the subject. I find that I form ideas, answers and have even noticed errors in the ideas of the author. (Errors to my mind) that served for further questions and bring in information from other sources or books as to why I perceive them as errors or places to disagree. I guess the best way to describe my activation experiences is like being in a laboritory or questions and answer session/discussion with the author. From time to time I see passages written from the book.

This doesn't necessarily happen with every book I have found some more obscured in other parts of my dreams, Like an aside idea or note or comment that someone makes about the subject that I have photoread. The image of the cover of the book might so up and someone makes a comment about it that sort of summarises it.

quote:
Did you activate the whole book while sleeping?

I find that I usually activate what is important to me in a book. Sometimes it's a summary of what the book is about and others it can be a detailed exploration. And yes. I have activated a whole book surprisingly enough that happened last night.

My comment "If I want to reread a part of a book to know it consciously I'm not going to waste 15 or 20 minutes of lucid dreaming on that... I can get more out of the whole book in 15 to 20 minutes regular activation"

quote:
Waste your time in that?

Even within lucid dreams that which is conscious can only be handled by the conscious mind at 7 plus or minus 2 bits of information per second. What I have Photoread at 25,000 plus words per minute I am not going to slow down and read at 300 to 500 words per minute during a lucid dream. My inner mind has already processed it and can give me questions and answers during my dream state. All I need to do is remember to record my dream when I wake up. As soon as I become Lucid in a dream my conscious mind comes into play and frankly it's slower than a snail in a sack race slowing down what my inner mind can do at lightening speed. Lucid dreams are great times to experience stuff we cannot naturally do during the waking state, like play a musical intrument if we don't play, change the colour of the sky, know stuff we have no conscious way of knowing or consciously create landscapes to please our senses and even to fly. Read a book that I have photoread? I can do that consciously... read a book that I have never seen before that gives me insider information (precognition) Okay I'll do that. But for a book that I have physically photoread? Read it? No waste of time... live it and experience it lucidly that is another level of learning.

quote:
I agree with you 100 % that regular activation is realy important

Regular activation is only as important as what you want to know from the text. It is a for satisfying the conscious mind, the critical reading factor required by our school system and fantastic for developing the speed at which the inner mind can give the conscious mind the blocks of information. A useful means of developing trust between the inner mind and conscious mind.

Sorry there are no short cuts. The fastest way to get your reading done faster is to use the photoreading system daily.

As often suggested Photoread at least 3, doing well 5 excellent 10 books per day (can be the same book) Fully activate at least one book per week.

Bt fully activate I mean bring to conscious comprehension, to the same or better level of comprehension, you have been accustomed to reaching by regular reading. Do this by being an active participant in the reading process. Be curious about what you are activating, ask questions of yourself before photoreading the book and then after, discover how the feeling of knowing/understanding feels for you. Set reasonable goals, hold your expectation high at the same time notice when your goals feel unrealistic.

NB the goal to read or activate 1 million words per minute is unrealistic because you are asking the slowest part of your mind to do the task for you.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited July 27, 2003).]