• Mind Maps - Depends on if you want to remember it. I also find that mind-mapping helps bring the information together, so that it's not just a collection of disjointed facts.
  • Amount of Books - Depends on your reading goals. In general, 5-10 books per day, previewed and PhotoRead, will build the skill and increase the potential for spontanious activation. Manually activate at least one book per week. It doesn't have to be a very big book.
  • First Books - I found that books of vingettes were helpful. Try Richard Feynnman's "Six Easy Peices". For a real thrill, preview and PhotoRead lots of physics and science books without doing manual activation, and then preview, PhotoRead, and activate "Six Not-so-Easy Peices."
  • Tests - No, not really - but then again I was taking accuracy tests where I had to compare things letter by letter. I found the "comprehend and move on" approach of PhotoReading to be in conflect with the "are these two words EXACTLY the same?" nature of the test. I didn't get that job, but the next time I had a similar test I managed to complete it successfully, especially as the "words" were random characters, rather than asking if "Anne Howsyerbutt" and "Ann Howsyerbutt" are the same or different.