Hi Folks,

Regarding offset binaural beat frequencies...

I've been a big fan of sound and light frequency stimulation for brain entrainment from the early days. You may know Synetic Systems built the first "downloadable" system (Mindlab DLS) to accept programming that mirrored state changes within the Paraliminal Tapes.

We explored putting offset frequency beats into Paraliminals but rejected the idea after a lot of experimentation. I remember using various square wave binaural beats and tweeking them until we got a relatively matched sound to the rest of the music. Because of the high rejection factor by those who are not into it, we bailed on the idea. Instead we score the music to my voice's tone center and rhythm to produce the desired effect. It is more tailored and people generally get into it. Personally, I'd rather use light pulses since it was reported that 90% of the entrainment effect is from the visual rather than the auditory. But...

Nowadays, the new Paraliminals all have brain synchronization frequencies imbedded within the environment sounds during the changework and integration sections of the recordings. The binaural beats come in the form of a type of phase shifting, creating essentially the same effect as the old tone beats.

In addition we enhance the music and environment sounds with Q Sound to get high definition spatial manipulation of the background.

The new Paraliminal CDs that are part of our Personal Learning Courses have track points on them. That way you can set your player to loop the changework and integration sessions. If you play that loop quietly all night long, research suggests that everytime you move into Alpha, your brain will record the messages, even during sleep.

The only other concern I had was the frequency settings you selected for the Brainwave bbs. I suppose if they work for you, go for it. But I would think that theta/delta is wrong for the changework. Low alpha/high theta maybe, but delta shouldn't show up until the integration.