i would also like to address the posts that MarkP4 had on this site. i know that he had trouble with his PR course and i used to ask myself many times why this was so. since then i figured out what his frustration with the PR system was. he chunked the information the wrong way in his activations.

let me explain: chunking is an NLP concept of putting information together on different levels. to chunk up is to make information more general and to chunk down is to make it more specific. Paul designed the PR system so that you start your activation with a top chunk general overview and use milton model questioning to chunk down and find the details. it seems that MarkP4 ignored the general levels of information because 'everyone knows that already' and instead went directly into the most obscure levels of mapping to build the big picture from the bottom up, which leads to undue stress and confusion because it's like looking at a map from ground level. if you really want to find your way on a map, you need the distance of being able to see generalities and then move into specific detail and he wasn't doing that. needless to say, he wasn’t playing with the system and he definitely was NOT having fun with it.

i wish he’d stuck around long enough for me to give him an explanation for his frustrations but I myself didn’t discover the concept until late this summer and by the time i came back here, Mark was gone. he was frustrated by his seeming inability to 'get it.'

Paul's system of chunking down from a general view is important because it teaches us the importance of context. since PR starts off with a base of generalities on which to build detail and requires chunking down instead of chunking up which is how he thinks and studies, he lost faith in PR and left. he didn't have someone explain this concept to him. what a shame. i think he'd have been a very good photoreader and he'd have helped a lot of novices who came on board after him.

again, for those of you who have problems activating, understand that chunking down allows you to terrace your learning process while retaining the larger purpose. it's like driving stick shift, you get to put yourself into different gears depending on the speed you want in addition to learning at different levels of understanding.

[This message has been edited by x (edited November 01, 2003).]