quote:
Originally posted by Patrick10979:
Hey X,

One quick question:
What is milton model questioning?

-Patrick

I'm not exactly sure what he's referring to, because I haven't had much opportunity on exploring NLP texts, but it obviously has something to do with Milton Erikson, no?

And X -
That's a very good post. It's true that the advertising for PhotoReading can be misleading, but to tell the truth - it's the appeal of a page per second that hooked me onto PR when I saw Pete on that infomercial and wondering like a child at Christmas, could this be? What at first was likely a hope in aiding a habit of procrastination turned into a marvelous journey to the inner workings of myself, my mind, and of course - knowledge of all kinds.

I don't think that WORK, especially when it's capitalized like that, is really the right word to describe activation and other more effortful steps in the PRWMS. I think that it's the opposite. I think the most significant thing about PhotoReading and its pitch is that it offers something extraordinary, astonishing, and dazzling that's REAL. PhotoReading, at least in my experience, is a living testament to the limitless capacity and enormous potential of the human mind.

Think of all the things that Learning Strategies is telling you that you can have with PhotoReading. It's not just telling you that your workload pile reading is going to fade away into nothing as you whiz through it, it's also telling you about how you now have a key to learning and knowing anything you imagined, within a decently short amount of time.

When you were a little kid, didn't you ever want to build your own spaceship, or design your own batmobile? Didn't you want to create. Adults might have told you that your imagination can take you to those places, but then as an adult you kind of look into those dreams and they often times remain dreams. However, if you could get the chance to learn about that stuff you never knew when you were a kid to create those things for real, wouldn't you take that chance?

Astronomy, physics, chemistry, engineering. Don't even take it that seriously. If you learn chemistry for no other reason than to blow some stuff up(be careful), then I say to heck with it! Learn it!! If you learn physics for no other reason than the faint hope of maybe someday creating warp drive like on Star Trek, who cares if it's childish or way far out there?? Who knows if you could really stumble onto something wonderful? You never know until you get out there and try, and you can have time to do it with a method like PhotoReading.

For me, that's become my experience. It's like this huge awakening of - "hey, I really can do all that stuff I wanted to do when I was a kid!" The main thing about it is time. We all don't really have that much time, and that's an unfortunate thing in some ways, ergo it makes the time we do have all the more valuable.

I remember when I first learned PhotoReading, and was demonstrating it to my friends and family. One of my friends had me do a few "one-pagers" where I'd PhotoRead two different pages, and he'd ask me questions about one of them. What is so hilarious is I'd get the questions right, but I never knew what I was talking about. My inner mind did, but consciously - it felt like I was making it all up. Still, my friend would look at me in shock and then tell me it was right with a glimmer in his eyes.

"Whoa, really?" I'd ask him. He'd then hold the book in front of me and point to the spot where the answer was, and I'd taken it, right there from the words in black & white.

Or I remember some of the times I've played the Dictionary game competitively against a couple of my friends. Some days are better than others, but it always astounded the both of us when we'd get so many of the word locations correct.

Then there's the memories of spontaneous activation which, are only the times I remember it happening consciously. It likely happened many, many times without me even realizing it. Sponteanous activation occurs a lot more, it seems, when you practice as much as you can.

A lot of my thinking feels turned into sort of semi-Image Streaming. Kind of like the images and feelings are there, but without me spending the time to interpret it from externally hearing it.

The next time you're activating something, and doing mind maps, and drawing pictures, or writing things down about whatever you're reading - see if you can't do something with it. You'd be amazed at the ideas you get from just having the intention to explore possibilities.

Of course, that's just me, I could be wrong.