I just received my PhotoReading Personal Learning Course on Friday and I am officially starting the course today (though I did listen to tape one over the weekend, which was mostly introductory material). In this thread I am going to completely document my experience learning PhotoReading, which will hopefully enrich the experience for me, but also I hope that it may be of service to others who are seeking to learn this system.

A few weeks ago I did buy the PhotoReading book and I have read the book and done some initial experiments with PRing. Also, I will give some background about myself so you may better understand my attitudes and dispositions.

I am a dedicated learner - I love to learn new things and am always seeking to expand my mind and my understanding of things. I have always had a somewhat untraditional approach to learning and perception in general - I am artistically inclined and am what some people call a "sensitive", so forgive me if my point of view may seem a bit bizaare to yours.

For instance, I naturally developed a method to help me with my understanding of books, that I believe has some connection to what PRing is about. I would hold the books in my hands and with the intention that I was opening my minds receptivity to the materials that I was about to read. In a way, for me, this process was like placing a tea bag in a kettle of hot water. To my understanding, my aura or personal energy field, is like the kettle of hot water, and the book is like the tea bag - I imagined myself steeping in the energy of the book.

Then I would turn through all of the pages of the book about as fast as I could turn the pages completely opening the book and seeing the pages with a soft gaze - I don't think I was using the gaze suggested in the PR book though. I did play with this a bit, because of my personal understanding of the aura I would sometimes scan the pages with my hands, with the intention again that I was absorbing the energy of the book - I wouldn't even care about whether I was looking at the pages at all - but I would be in a meditative state while I was doing it and I would probably have my eyes holding a diffused gaze while I was doing this.

Then I would read the books as I normally read - I have a pretty good regular reading speed - in the 500 wpm range. I did this, as I said, to aid my comprehension and to firmly set in my mind my openness and harmony with the energy of the books.

So, after reading the Photoreading book, I immediately started using the Photoreading technique to do this again with some of the more deep, esoteric books that I study. I am not really concerned with any kind of "photographic recall" of the books - my intention is to open my mind to the deepest understanding of the ideas in the books that I am reading. I am also trying to open as much as possible the communication between my other than conscious mind and my conscious, in the brain, thinking.

So I have photoread a good stack of my esoteric, metaphysical books a few times. These are books such as The Secret Doctrine by H.P.Blavatsky, the books of Alice A. Bailey and Manly P. Hall.

I am also an avid tennis player and so I have PRed a stack of 10 tennis books, which I am seeking to activate through my tennis play.

Right now, I am seeking to read all that I can find on Success Consciousness - books such as those by Anthony Robbins, Napoleon Hill, Robert Allen, Stephen Covey and so on. With my developed PRing skills it is my goal to read many hundreds of books in the coming year along this line of thinking and development.