Welcome, livingsuccess. I am a high school student and have been integrating the PhotoReading system into my academic life for the past approximately two months. My reading initial, untrainted reading speed was not above average like yours, and this was one of the key reasons why I began teaching it to myself. I say 'to myself' because I only have the PhotoReading book, not the tapes.

I also play tennis, though in recent years, I've only played once a week in order to devote more time to my school work. Thus, my game is good, even great at times, but I simply don't yet have the consistency from more frequent practice. I actually have not yet tried PhotoReading any tennis books, but it is on my list :-). One thing I have tried, however, is using the Personal Genius tape before taking a lesson. I did this after having not played the entire summer, and I had been running cross country for the beginning of the school year. Normally, such neglect would in the past have caused me to have a really rough and slow startup. I was open to the possibility of playing even an better lesson than I'd ever had before, (this way the goal I decided on, listening to the tape) and sure enough, this is exactly what happened. Yet I also know from other experiences with the Paraliminals that as I would have guessed, they are not magic. They merely allow you to stop defeating yourself in order to allow your true abilities to play out unhindered.

From what you said, you already have a very good starting point, attitude-wise, so I am sure that you will meet great success with the course. I am still learning how to best activate material as that is undoubtedly the single most challenging aspect of the system. I've found that, at least for me, it is almost solely due to underlying the simple yet powerful emotional fear, mainly of failing or not doing something entirely right. So in other words, I have learned from my PhotoReading experience so far that I was a perfectionist. And I know that I still have a little of that working against me, but I'll be ready to let go if it soon. Strangely enough, a semi-emotion/belief that held me back for a while was guilt. Guilt? Of what? I actually felt guilty that I appeared to be doing much less WORK than I was presumably SUPPOSED to be doing on my homework reading. This should not be much of an issue for you, of course, because it doesen't sound like you face any school pressures. Now that I'm over that 'guilt for not working hard enough' thing, I am much more readily able to relax and trust subtle subconscious cues. I still have not received any undisputable hard evidence by spontaneous activation, but I have also made my peace with it, knowing that it may take time and further development in order to become open enough to have such experiences.

You'll have to tell me how your tennis game is improved by your direct learning from those books. I've been thinking that maybe I myself ought to find a stack of ten books on a class in school and see what happens. The more you PhotoRead for a single purpose and subject, the more likely you are to see either spontaneous activation or major leaps in your ability to understand the subject, right?

Any suggestions for what books I might PhotoRead to open me up to confidently receiving 'bubblings' directly from my subconscious knowledge store? Right now most of the time it seems that I'm guessing around, actually looking for some subconscious clues about the material I PhotoRead. Sometimes I must truly be making it up, because my guesses are simply wrong, but others I really do feel like I have more of a familiarity with the knowledge, but still not beyond the possibility of the placebo effect. I, like nearly everyone who's into PhotoReading and similar alternative mind techniques, seek to gain confident access to subconscious knowledge. Is that too much to ask? I know: patience. I would like to accelerate this process in any way possible, however. Maybe you'll gain some fresh insights on this issue, livingsuccess, especially because of your background with alternative techniques.

-Cameron