I have been continuing with my PhotoReading studies and working with the audio program, but I have alowed some of my other projects to take precedence lately.

I keep the audio program out in the office and I one of my assistants has begun to use the program. She noted that she was a bit annoyed with the pace of the program. She is a quick learner and was aggravated by the repetition of many of the points and the pace of Paul's delivery. I could agree with her a bit there as well - I had already read the book before I received the audio program, and I found that I felt a bit antsy when going through the program - wanting Paul to get on with it, because I was ready for the next step, but I didn't want to miss any extra tid-bit. There may have been a few tidbits, but I think that my own agitation with the pace of the program also helped me to move onto other projects. There was quite a bit of good information on the final CD/tape of the program, however and I really appreciated this one because it was giving me many new ideas about working with PhotoReading.

Currently I have a stack of Chess books that I have been meaning to PR. I have found a good friend with whom I can play online, who is quite skilled and he is helping me to learn. At least I want to try this stack as a direct learning experiment, but I think I will also manually activate one or two of them as well.

The hardest part of the whole process is learning to superread and dip without dipping too deeply, but I have been noticing that I will get into the flow of it from time to time and I really feel myself absorbing and activating large amounts of information in a very short time. It is still hard for me not to want to rapid read everything, though.

The next phase of the process that I haven't really made a part of my routine is that of mind mapping. I don't like the books or papers that I have available for this and I just now realized I should go get a large spiral-boung sketch pad for this where I can keep all of my mind-maps in one place.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited January 01, 2004).]