I have recently had some interesting things develop with a game that I play with the dictionary that might or might not be related to my PhotoReading efforts.

I call this game "the dictionary game", but it isn't the same as the one that Paul mentions in the program. This game is something that I have always done with the dictionary whenever I wanted an idea about something or to get some insight into a question that I was pondering. I take the dictionary and hold it quietly for a moment as I focus on my question then I open it to whatever pages seems "right" and focus on the first word that catches my eye. It always works for me - sometimes the answers are so direct it is very uncanny.

Lately, though I have been playing the "game" more often. I photoread the my webster's dictionary after starting the course. Now I am feeling more inspired to tap into my intuitions through the dictionary on a more regular basis. For instance, I was wondering if attending a certain program would be useful to me in achieving my longer term goals. So, using the relaxation visualization that Paul describes in the program, I put myself into a deep focused state. Then I asked myself, "Is taking this program along the path of achieving my long-term goals?" I intuitively opened the dictionary to a certain page and with my eyes closed, visualized the position of the answer word on the page. Opening my eyes I see the word "input" there - something that you put in order to get something more out. That seemed pretty obviously an affirmation to me, but as I sat there thinking I had my answer, I decided to check if there was anything more to get regarding this question. I visualized where on the page the "answer" word would be and turned the pages to the "right" spot. Opening my eyes, I chuckled. The word was "period"!

You might like to try playing with this variation on the dictionary game yourselves.