LoraFlinn - Best wishes to you in your medical studies. In the case of medical studies, where you are learning lots of technical new things and new vocabulary associated to those processes and ideas, you will most likely want to work with a memory system of some sort in addition to the photoreading techniques. You will have to have faith in the system and work much harder in the beginning to build your foundation of this new vocabulary into your brain memory. This will necessarily be much slower work at first, but once you have built this foundation you will be able to take more advantage of the photoreading system in your studies.

I have recently been reading (using the photoreading system) some books by Harry Fontayne that I have already taught me a lot about using my memory in ways I had never considered. These systems were developed - all the way back into the ancient world - for people just like you studying the medical systems of their day. Becoming proficient with a memory system will enable you to superread over your texts easily moving through any basic material and zeroing right in on any new words or processes - then you slow down and do a memory association technique - anchoring forever in your mind - the word or process and it's meaning. Then you will be able to speed up to the next place you need to do a memory association.

The books I am studying are The Memory Book, by Harry Fontayne and Jerry Lucas, and Memory Makes Money, by Harry Fontayne. You should be able to find these at a local library.

The key to learning this system is to keep at it even if it seems like you aren't making progress. You and your brain will need to make some adjustments to this new way of processing information.