When I do my photoreading sessions, I do the relaxation technique as Paul suggests in the program and I get into a really relaxed very quickly and see myself in my special mental relaxation place. It is a special garden area near an ocean with some groovy lounge chairs in a flowing organically designed concrete nook. I can hear the ocean nearby and there are these beautiful white roses around the nook, which I smell each time I mentally enter this place. I can feel the softness of the petals on my face as I do this.

As I relax in this place I focus on my purpose for wanting to read the book I am about to work with. One thing I have been doing in addition to this process lately, which I think is a very helpful visualization for me, is that I see myself sitting with the author of the book - if I can form a visual image through a picture in the book or another source. I can ask him about what I am hoping to get from the book. He sits with me and I imagine us creating a mental rapport between us - connecting with the thought stream of the author - so that I know I am absorbing the thoughts from them that went into the creation of the book. When I move to the Photoreading phase and I have opened my eyes to photofocus on the books - I imagine that I am still in that space, mentally, and that the author is standing behind me with their hands on my shoulders or head, further strengthening the mental rapport with them as I photoread the book.

I just had an interesting idea while I was writing this. In my next session I will begin imagining that they have one hand on my shoulder and the other touching the spot at the top back of my head where the visualized tangerine goes (from the tangerine technique) to help focus! I think that will be very powerful.