Today I activated the book, "The Power of Focus" by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Les Hewitt. This is a very good book for people who want to take control of their lives and to really become effective.

In activating this book I did my first real mind map. It is really a great process. Everything of value is right there on the one page of my special sketch book that I purchased specifically to hold mind maps of the books I am activating.

One interesting thing about PhotoReading is that when you are activating - you are really not seeking to activate every word of the book. With the focusing techniques that Paul teaches in the program, you enable yourself to draw out of the book all of the specific information that is of use and interest to you. You can superread over large portions of the book at astonishing speeds - no longer wasting your time on the tiresome convincing process that is the hallmark of the most of the first half of books of this type. I have found that if you are very interested in the topic, there is usually very little to gain from the first few chapters, which are usually trying desperately to convince the skeptics of the value of the process outlined in the book. With photoreading you can superread very fast over these sections of the book - and they will occur throughout the book. This greatly shortens the time needed to gather the "meat" out of a book.

Using the photoreading process and activation - I was able to draw all of the meat out of this book of 300 pages in just 1 hour; photoreading, activation and mind mapping.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited January 16, 2004).]