The modelling someone who is proficient at it technique from the Genius Code course is a good place to start.

Remember to break down your goal for being profient at photoreading into subgoals. Also really consider your purpose. What are you going to do with this skill study more? Do you really, really want to do that? Reason I ask is while some goals seem admirable, they often have inbuilt blockers that we may not be facing. If our lifetime goal is to be able to make enough money to provide for family and enjoy some holidays on the beach surfing. Studying cost both time and money in our mind and is something we might *not* even enjoy doing, then somewhere within our mind there is a small voice going 'are you crazy? If you have this skill, your going to be doing nothing but spending money on courses studying but never getting to the point where you just riding the waves with your buddies when it's done. You're going to start something that's never going to end. Like you really think it's going to be easy to learn photoreading?"

This is a rather extreme example and quite possibly one that is undermining would be photoreaders in one form or another. Your goal needs to be specific. If you want to learn photoreading what do you want to do with it in practical terms against your purpose in life?

I know from my conversations with many beginning photoreaders that their goal is to 'find easy street', 'look cool', being able to wiz through books, 'show "them" I can do it', 'photoread a book and just know what it's about', (as in no thinking required just let me download the information and I'll perform exactly as 'they' want me to), 'I'll look like a genius' (reguritating the information they dumped in me), [this one amazes me in a sense the speaker doesn't realise that what they're really saying is, 'turn me into a performing seal and I'll be a happy little robot. I won't have to think about it, I'll just know it and it doesn't matter if I don't understand it because they made me learn it so it must be right and I'll have the accepted answer for everything.]

Funny thing is they all have difficulty learning photoreading. Their goals are in conflict with their true purpose, such as being smart, finally understanding what it is they are trying to teach, Being able to get finished with studying and have time left over to go surfing, To discover their true genius within. As such the Photoreading skill eludes them until they set the realistic goal in line with their purpose and value. Much of my chats seem to be directed first at getting them to uncover their real goals and purpose and then the goal for learning photoreading. Once we've done that within a day or two, activation works. They got the information from the book in 1/3 the time or less. With further use they come to the point where they go hang on... I didn't need all that information there and then, I can get the information that I need in the time that I have available.

So today they activate the book for ten minutes, purpose complete, need more information activate another 10 minutes two weeks down the track (amazing how the brain knows which book has the information huh?) all up they look at the book a month later and think well this stuff I know but activation time only totalled 20 minutes.

Remember to ask 'what do I need right now and how will this serve my purpose?

When you're sailing the wind can come from any direction, you have to set the sails so that you go in the direction you originally charted. Know your purpose, know your desired outcome and any tool that you use to stoke your inner fire will get you where you want to go, faster.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 06, 2004).]