I got my midterm exam results today, and although I'm happy with them overall, I clearly see that I could have done a little better on some, and a LOT better on others. It's a "simple" matter of test-taking skills. I've had this issue for a while, and now I'm ready to put forth a great effort to finally show what I know on paper easily and efficiently so that my grades on tests will reflect my level of knowledge accurately or even more positively than it really is. Tests are a system, and many have learned how to take advantage of them in order to appear to have done better on a given subject when it is really that they are mostly good at taking tests, put quite simply.

This is not a new idea for me, but I'm ready to do it NOW. I have in front of me a stack of books that I can use for Direct Learning and/or syntopic reading. I want suggestions on what my best bet is for efficiently accomplishing this goal? I have done relaxed visualization of my goals on and off, and I will most certainly continue when I feel the need. How much/often do you think I should visualize, and should I simply integrate it with the DirectLearning timeline technique? (I have the Genius Code course and have just finished listening to the High Think Tank exercise, but not yet done it. I did my DirectLearning initially on five tennis books in order to improve my game's flow and relaxed consistency. What other proactive steps can/should I take in order to best accomplish this task of improving my ability to perform in testing situations?

Keep in mind that I have already taken steps to take tests better, and they have already given me results. Most of this year I've used at least some type of relaxation exercise (I'm now fond of the 3-2-1 because it feels better than previous ones have) and I've made a conscious effort to periodically make sure I'm breathing deeply and that my muscles are as relaxed as I can let them be.

So I have taken these books out in an initiative to finish this process of mastering test-taking. It's an extremely valuable skill for me to have, and it will make my life inifinitely easier and more relaxed. I have the ability to score high on the SAT. I know I can easily ace every upcoming math test. I know for a fact that if my tests properly reflected what I have known, each of my Chemistry tests would have resulted in a high A or A+.

I have discovered so far that the main issues I currently perceive that have blocked my full success are "careless" (but I really have tried my best to take care!) mistakes such as marking the wrong answer, forgetting to add a number, mis-"reading" the problem, and most frequently, simply not quite having the mental clarity to see the answer at first on some problems, no matter how easy and simple they are.

Is it worth my while to devote half an hour or so this week of time at home to go farther throught the Genius Code course to these ends? Shall I commence my DirectLearning from this bunch of test-taking skills books? How can I find the best answer and solution for me?

I know you'll cut right through all of those tons of verbage and give me a great answer in no time, AlexK, Iam2 (if you're around), et all!

I sure appreciate it! I feel that this is a worthy goal indeed. I just need enough guidance.

-CameronJ