I'm going to Italy this summer on a program called The Experiment in International living, and I want to do all that I can from now until then to learn thte Italian language. With PhotoReading, the most obvious first step is to purchase and repeatedly PhotoRead an English-Italian-Italian-English dictionary or two.

What else should I do to prepare? I want to be able to easily converse -- preferably using correct grammar! If there were an EasyLearn program for Italian I would have purchased it. Anyone know of some good audio tapes/cd's from which to begin? Or a specific type to look for for the most efficient use of my time?

Maybe would PhotoReading a bunch of Italian books be a good idea to prime my mind to speak it and understand?

Regarding PhotoReading the dictionary, I'm afraid that if I rely upon that alone, I would be expecting Direct Learning results too much to experience the language spontaneously activating...

I appreciate any interesting ideas or insightful suggestions :-)

I already speak Spanish fluently, so maybe I ought to even buy a Spanish-Italian dictionary too?

-CameronJ