I don't know if I agree with the "you have to believe in it for it to work" philosophy. My personal feeling is that it works and it will work for anyone who follows the steps, whether they believe it or not.

Having said that, I do think that we make faster progress in learning new skills when we start out believing this is something we can accomplish and it's something we want to accomplish.

As an example, I had Photoread and postviewed a book then a few days later I wanted to know some very specific information from it but I wasn't sure if the information was actually there. I also figured that it would be really cool if I could open right to the page with the information I wanted. Immediately, my left brain kicked in and said that was impossible, but I let my fingers find a place on the pages anyway. As I opened the book I was thinking to myself that it's so stupid to think I could open right to the correct page, but I closed my eyes and opened it anyway. I scanned the page and there was the info I wanted.

Even now, as I write this I'm thinking I just got lucky and something like that will never happen again. But who knows?

[This message has been edited by scribe (edited March 31, 2004).]