quote:
...if you photoread something and doubt that you're getting any information, telling yourself you learned nothing, then your brain "deletes" the information because you told it that it wasn't needed.

To some extent that may be true, but my experience is that the brain is better than that. Believing that a painful experience never happened doesn't make you forget it. The same goes for all memories, sometimes a simple smell reminds you of a vivid memory you hadn't thought about in years. This is why I find activation so important. Performing the activation steps tells your brain that you do need the information and it will start to come back.

The reason I'm skeptical about the "you need to believe it" argument is that you shouldn't need to believe it. If Photoreading is based on brain research (and I believe that it is) and backed by experimentation (clearly it is) then it should work, even for skeptics. Hasn't experimentation shown that subliminal messages still have an effect on people whether they believe they do or not?

Another reason I don't like the "you need to believe it" argument is that I think it puts too much mysticism into the Photoreading process. If someone isn't getting it, it becomes too easy to write them off and say "it didn't work for you because you didn't believe it." It would be much more productive to help that person analyze what they did and try to figure out where they went wrong so they can correct themselves.

Peace.