Why the anger?

I didn't see anything in this thread where someone has had told anyone they had to believe.

No confidence isn't competence.

However, I haves see where the lack of confidence has resulted in a reduction of action. And as has been said, the universe rewards action.

I have seen many cases where I'd say confidence was better rewarded than competence. I really wish that this was the case, but that is my observation.

Competence is the capability to do something, not the actual doing.

I've also tried to help many people learn things. Sometimes I'm very successful, other times the integration of the knowledge just doesn't get the results I would expect. other times the results come when everyone just relaxes and let things happen.

That's one of the great things about confidence. People are relax. People have positive expectations.
Just a question. After you thought this girl the spelling strategy. Did she still believe she couldn't spell? After learning the system did her performance vary with her confidence / performance expectation.

Also, do you have a link to this spelling strategy, or any learning to read techniques that work very well for everyone. I really could use this kind of information. Nothing I've ever found works for everyone.

---------

If you're tired. I feel for you. I didn't view this as an argument. Just a sharing of viewpoints. If your views are not the same as mine, that's fine. In fact, that's good. It offers me a chance to explore and grow.

----

If there's no anger in your post, I apologize. However, that's the way I've read it. I've also read it as being directed towards my post. That doesn't bother me. I just feel bad for you. I wish you only health and happiness.

You are perfection.
Iam2