What about a student taking responsibility for his or her own learning?

If someone comes into a seminar with the mindset that this is a scam, there’s no way this can work, prove it to me…There may not be anything the most dedicated and qualified instructor can do to change this person’s belief. Instructor’s can teach the techniques, and in many cases change a student's beliefs, but it’s up to the student to use the techniques, in the way they are taught.

To sit back with their arms crossed saying, “I want you to prove it!”, isn’t that person placing all responsibility of their own learning onto someone else? It seems to me they’ve given an instructor total responsibility, that way, if they don’t get it, it’s very easy to blame the instructor, or the techniques…they couldn’t teach me, therefore it doesn’t work!

I like the story about the girl who thought she was a poor speller. She took responsibility for her situation. As taught in the Abundance for Life course, which is about creating what you want, she asked for help, was taught a strategy, she used it, and it worked! She held herself accountable for becoming a good speller. She didn’t say, prove it works, and then I’ll try it.

Just a thought

: )