Coming back to this forum after the weekend, I must say I was IMPRESSED with the number of responses. Thank you!

I'm aware that you can't make someone do something against their will, but I'm hoping to at least be able to make a more positive impression. It's like I really don't know how to act around her anymore. We went through a period where we both sort of had this "understanding" that we wouldn't talk to each other. It's been difficult, but she's recently started speaking to me again and I don't want to blow it.

In some ways I think she might be scared of me. I know that I've probably appeared too desparate. I hear that women have radar about that sort of thing. Someone once said that when you don't "need" someone, suddenly your more free to actually love them. Meaning you can more easily extend yourself instead of trying to "perform" for them so they'll like you.

I particularly noticed it over the weekend when I was able to express a sincere interest in someone. As the day progressed, she was definitely interested. This wasn't a date, just someone that went with some friends and me. When I saw "the one" again, I froze.

bHenry: It's not that I don't really know her. We've had those phone calls that last like 4 hours and we have a great deal in common - very similar goals and outlook on life. There's just something in the way - almost like there's a wall between us. just know we'd be great together if we could just GET together. To quote Val Kilmer, "my sun rises and sets with her." I really want it to happen, but if it's not going to, I wish I could get over her.