quote:
Originally posted by InTheFlow:
Let's say you are a great guy. Woman REEEALLY look up to you. Then you see a woman, who looks like she is really desparate, she wants you and she has low selfesteem. She tries for a long period of time to get you by changing the way she is. Are you attracted to that?

I had to chuckle when I read this part of your post. I've been doing this repeatedly for some time. I go to GREAT lengths. I've changed my wardrobe, vascillate over what to wear when I think I'll see her. Lost over 65 pounds to get her attention (didn't work, but I've kept the weight off), and work on my tan.

All this, then she doesn't even show up! I think she would like me if she would just allow herself to enter my circle and get to know the real me. For instance, there was a group picnic this weekend and as usual I went through all the rituals I mentioned earlier. A picnic would have been a great way for her to see me as I am. I was actually the one who planned the picnic, cooked for everyone, and played with the children. Her daughter is the most important person in her life, so I think that interacting with children could have made an impact. I even "rescued" a little girl who was too afraid to come down after climbing too high.

All this to say... she wasn't there. That seems to be the way it always goes.

[This message has been edited by Glenwood (edited April 22, 2002).]